10 REASONS WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP!
As parents, you are AUTOMATICALLY a member of the PTA… your voice counts. Our PTA depends on a continual cycle of parental involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The Headteacher and staff support us when possible, but without all your support, we have no PTA – WE REALLY DO NEED YOUR SUPPORT.
The PTA is a group of parents who work together for the benefit of Coughton C of E Primary School. Some of us are full-time parents, some work part-time or work full-time. NONE of us are specialists in fundraising.
Taking an active role with the PTA is critical to your children’s success, so we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why helping the PTA will greatly improve your child’s school experience.
1. YOU ARE VITAL TO THE SUCCESS OF THE SCHOOL
- Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTAs for funds.
- Without the funds raised by the PTA, your child would not have had the benefits of: school trips, special end of term treats, the library, NEW lockers, NEW school hall projector.
2. IT’S TOTALLY FLEXIBLE!
- There are a variety of small ways in which you can help and be involved – from designing a poster, photocopying and distributing letters in the school, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall…so many ways.
- Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help the PTA is invaluable. If everyone could spare 30 minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
- You don’t have to attend PTA meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
3. YOU’LL FEEL MORE CONNECTED
- There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
4. YOU’LL BE PART OF A GREAT NETWORK
- Every PTA event is an opportunity to meet other parents.
- You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
5. MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- By volunteering to help the PTA, you’ll be able to use whatever skills you have for a worthy cause.
- Our PTA strive to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
6. WE’RE NOT JUST FOR MUMS!
- It’s important to our PTA, our school and our pupils to have dads represented on our committee and to help reach out to other dads.
- Are you a dad with a skill that would come in useful?
7. BE A ROLE MODEL
- By getting involved with our PTA, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
- Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
- Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
8. WHAT THE PTA DOES AFFECTS EVERY PARENT (AND PUPIL)
- Your voice matters – the PTA committee is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively.
- Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
- See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun!
9. IT’S FUN!
- Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers
- Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds
- Get your whole family involved!
Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. PTA events such as Christmas and Easter discos, Christmas and Summer Fairs will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources the PTA helps fund, make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.
NEWS AND EVENTS
PTA Christmas Fair
This year, following feedback from many families, the Christmas Fair will be held away from school as a weekend event. This will give everyone more space to move around and time to enjoy the stalls and games. The event will also be open to members of the local community and we hope they will come and help us to raise even more funds for our school community.
The Christmas Fair will take place on Saturday 2nd December from 12pm – 3pm at the Eric Payne Community Centre, Jubilee Fields, Faith’s road, Alcester, B49 6AG.
There will be lots of festive games, tombolas, festive food and drink with mulled wine for the grown ups and a visit from a special guest who has taken time out of his busy schedule to pop in.
The prize raffle will be drawn at 2pm by Mr Kolb and we have some fabulous prizes available. See below for details on buying raffle tickets.
We would be very grateful for helpers for the Christmas Fair in setting up and clearing up, and would also love some more volunteers to run some of the stalls. If you are able to spare some time please speak to one of the committee or send an email to email@example.com.
We will be using Coughton Cash at the Christmas Fair. Coughton Cash is our own ‘currency’ that replaces the need to use actual cash at our PTA events. Each Coughton Cash token is worth 50p. These can be purchased in advance or at the event and be exchanged to play the games, have a go on the tombola stalls, and buy items at the Fair. (There will also be a few external stalls accepting cash/card payments at the Fair).