Acer: Year 3
Welcome to Acer Class home page.
Here you will find updates and pictures from our journey throughout the year.
PE will be on a Wednesday and Friday. Please ensure your child's uniform is named. Children are to come to school dressed in their PE kit to maximise learning time.
- Daily reading: Listen to your child read, asking them questions about the character’s feelings, thoughts and motives and explore these inference skills. Feel free to look at the 'branching out' reading suggestions!
- Weekly TT Rockstars challenge
Planners are checked weekly. Please feel free to use these as a method of communication to share any worries/concerns or equally any achievements.
What are we learning?
Our topics this year are as follows:
- Autumn 1: The Stone Age, the Bronze Age, the Iron Age
- Autumn 2: Cities of the UK
- Spring 1: Ancient Egypt
- Spring 2: Landmarks of the World
- Summer 1: The Ancient Civilisations of Sumer, the Indus Valley and Shang Dynasty China
- Summer 2: The Amazon River and Rainforest